|Joseph M. McDade Terminal|
|The first passengers strolled into the Joseph M. McDade Terminal Building on May 25, 2006, and the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport stepped into a new era.
The $41.5 million structure made of steel, stone and glass replaces the 47-year-old terminal next to it. At about 131,000 square feet, the Joseph M. McDade Terminal Building is about 70% larger than the old one, which opened in 1959, and was renovated in 1982 and 1991.
The larger facility is designed to handle 360,000 or more departing passengers each year.
The terminal is the last piece in a total makeover of the Airport. New roads, a surface parking lot and a four-level parking garage were completed in 2003, bringing the total cost of the project to $80 million.
The Airport's co-owners, Lackawanna and Luzerne Counties, each paid approximately $4.25 million. The rest came from federal and state fundings.
Click on a link below for more on the new Joseph M. McDade Terminal Building at the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport.
||McDade Terminal - Truly A Family Affair
||Benefits of Airport Upgrade Could Spill Into Local Economy
|What's In a Name?
||Terminal Naming a Tribute to Former Congressman