|DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS ENTERPRISE (DBE) |
POLICY STATEMENT / OVERALL GOALS
49 CFR PART 26
Objectives / Policy Statement (26.1, 26.23)
The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport, herein after referred to as "the Airport", has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. The Airport has received Federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, the Airport has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of the Airport to ensure that DBEs, as defined in Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts. Specifically, it is our policy:
1. To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT-assisted contracts;
2. To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts;
3. To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
4. To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
5. To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT-assisted contracts; and
6. To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
The Airport's policies prohibit discrimination against any person because of race, color, sex, or national origin, in the award or performance of any contract subject to the requirements of 49 CFR Part 26.
The Airport will require its employees, agents, and contractors to adhere to the provisions of this Program.
This policy statement is disseminated by the Bi-County Airport Board and Airport Staff to organizations of disadvantaged, minority, and women businesses; and to non-minority business and community development organizations in the Counties of Luzerne and Lackawanna, and the Northeastern Pennsylvania Region.
Overall Goals (26.45)
The Airport's overall goal for the three (3) forthcoming fiscal years (FY 2016 - FY 2018) is 9.23% of the Federal financial assistance we will expend in DOT-assisted contracts.
Richard G. Williams, Chairman
Bi-County Airport Board
July 30, 3015